Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Update

I am still great with child!!!!
We've been able to keep Blake in for
3 weeks (so far) since I went to the hospital!
I am now on modified bed rest which means,
I'm allowed to do some walking around the house
and she gave me permission to go out to dinner.
It's been nice to see the outside world every once in a while.
I've been a little more sane since these changes.
My doctor also took me off the prescription muscle
relaxer. She said to use it as needed which would
be if I were to have 4 contractions in an hour.
I've been off the medication for a week and haven't
had to take any.
So things are going well for baby and me.
I do often have a hard time breathing
(I'm running out of room)
and a hard time sleeping, but these are not
uncommon, even in a "normal" pregnancy.
Again thanks to everyone for your prayers
and support. Also, thanks to my sister, Amy
who has been here for 2 weeks helping out.
She goes home on Saturday. We've really
appreciated her help!

Oh, by the way, any predictions on the due date and baby's size?

Let's keep in mind that I got 2 shots of steriods in the hospital,

so he could be a good size baby if I go to term.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Here goes my prediction: Blake will be born on 2/2/09 weighing in at 7 lbs. 5 oz. You are doing great, so keep it up, even after Amy leaves.

Maosi Fam said...

so happy to hear you are both doing well=] that was so nice of your sister to go out there to help you=] cant wait to see him! hmm i think the due date will be Feb 25th (aarons bday hehe) or i say Feb 12th one of those...and i think he will be 9 pounds even LOL cant wait to find out

ps...we are coming down in April incase you guys hvant heard=] see ya then! and make sur eyou keep me updated=] love ya and miss ya all!

Rebecca Kline said...

Considering Paige is July 4th - I'm voting for Valentine's Day and 8lbs. 10oz. He'd better not come until after the shower.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the contractions seem to have slowed down. Tell Amy Hi for please. I'm going to guess that since Paige was born on the 4th of July that Blake will be born on Valentines Day. Now we just need to think of a national holiday for Brianna's birthday. Haha! I'm going to guess he will weigh 8 lbs 2 oz.

Melissa said...

I'm voting he be born on my birthday, February, 8th! If he holds on 'til then, he'll be an eight pounder for sure! Oh, I can't wait! Good luck Sum!

Melissa said...

Is that baby still cooking?

Jill + Nate said...

Summer! I am so sorry about the bed rest - been there, done that. Hang in there. Love you!

Jill + Nate said...

You look darling by the way!