So we just celebrated our 8 year anniversary! I don't know why,
but this year really stood out to me as a significant amount of marriage.
Maybe it's because we just survived the "7 year itch"? : )
I can't say that I married Mike for his planning of creative dates,
so I took over and secretly planned a nice evening for us.
I have a REALLY hard time keeping secrets that I'm excited about,
so it was difficult not to let Mike in on my plans, but actually pulled
it off and totally surprised him. I even played dumb and pretended
that we weren't going to be able to do anything except a quick dinner
and that baby Blake would have to accompany us.
Mike surprised me with this beautiful bouquet.
First stop of the night, Kobe Beef Japanese Steak House (like Benihana).
It was a lot of fun to see our dinners being prepared
in front of us. I ordered Teriyaki Chicken and Mike
ordered shrimp. The meals included onion soup, salad,
steamed or fried rice, and grilled onions. Our chef seemed to be
pretty serious, until...
Pretty funny!
We treated ourselves to dessert. Mike ordered Japanese Fried
Ice cream.

arrived. At first I was pretty dissapointed, but it was REALLY delicious!

and did a little clothes shopping for Mike.
With a little coaxing, Mike got some new, "out of the ordinary", clothes.
I'd have to say he looked pretty snappy in them. Now it's a matter of
getting him to put them to good use.
We ended the evening with a 9:00 PM, hour long gondola ride
We ended the evening with a 9:00 PM, hour long gondola ride
through the Naples Canals, in Long Beach.
It was the perfect night for a ride. The only noise
to be heard was the clanging of cabinets and dishes off in the distance,
from home owners along the canal. The water was totally still. The gondola
paddled through the water, like a knife through butter. For reasons I don't
fully understand, the water glowed. It had something to do with
a type of algae. When the paddle hit the water, it looked florescent
turquoise. And if you looked closely, sometimes you'd see fish glowing too.
to be heard was the clanging of cabinets and dishes off in the distance,
from home owners along the canal. The water was totally still. The gondola
paddled through the water, like a knife through butter. For reasons I don't
fully understand, the water glowed. It had something to do with
a type of algae. When the paddle hit the water, it looked florescent
turquoise. And if you looked closely, sometimes you'd see fish glowing too.



4 comments:
Wow! How romantic...glad it all went according to plan. Good for Mike, he brought home flowers.
FABULOUS!!!!
It was fun looking back at all those pics. I'm glad you had such a nice anniversay.
How fun! When we went to Naples, i felt so awkward with the guy standing their singing to us LOL Glad you guys had a good time=]
Post a Comment